SIMONE

SIMONE

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Way

In my own way and at my own Pace..! (This is what I  like to tell others who may want to point out what Simone is doing and not!.. All children born with DS will have developmental delays, it is hard to determine at birth what level  may need more help, but Simone will learn new skills, and tasks.It may take a little longer but with each task broken out into smaller ones Simone will meet her developmental milestones:
See the chart:
                       Developmental Milestones
                   
Milestone                Range for children with D.S   Typical range           Simone

GROSS MOTOR
Sits Alone                       6 - 30 Months                                      5 - 9 Months                       Physical therapy helped me before my 1st bday
Crawls                             8 - 22 Months                                         6 - 12 Months                  I began around 8 months
Stands                              1 - 3.25 Years                                      8 - 17 Months                      1.5 years old
Walks Alone                 1 - 4 Years                                                9 - 18 Months                   2 years old *falls down I like to move real fast!
LANGUAGE
First Word                    1 - 4 Years                                               1 - 3 Years                           2 years old and still a work in progress.
Two-Word Phrases    2 - 7.5 Years                                       15 - 32 Months                my speech is not clear, just a few words, but I'm learning
PERSONAL/SOCIAL
Responsive Smile       1.5 - 5 Months                                      1 - 3 Months                    3 months
Finger Feeds                  10 - 24 Months                                   7 - 14 Months                  2 years old
Drinks From Cup Unassisted
12 - 32 Months                                   9 - 17 Months                 2 .5 years old
Uses Spoon                      13 - 39 Months                                    12 - 20 Months            1.5 years old
Bowel Control               2 -7 Years                                                                                              16 -42 Months     definitely a work in progress~~at my own pace
Dresses Self                     3.5 -8.5 Years                                        3.25 - 5 Years                not yet….but I can take my shoes and pull ups off..

No comments:

Post a Comment